Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowstorm 2010


This man was walking down Oxford ave a little after the snow had first began to fall. I'm not sure where he was headed, but I assumed he had a long walk ahead of him because there are no houses or businesses for at least a mile. He did not seem to mind the snow at all.



This lady was shoveling snow a few hours after it started to fall. It was really starting to accumulate and she was trying to get a head start on clearing her sidewalk, somehow I don't think it made much of a difference the next morning.


I took this pic originally for the class slide show. Outside of club "miami" a young woman waits for her friends to join her as they are leaving the "dead" club to venture out in search of a more lively place to party. Bare legs and open shoes hint that this club hopper wasn't the warmest out in this storm, but it didn't stop her party.



This is a picture that I shot from the inside of my grandmother's car. She and my cousins had come to visit for a few hours(agaisnt my mother and I urging her to stay in during the storm). I thought that there are only so many photographs one could take of the typical car that was buried in the snow from the outside, so I took one from the inside instead.





This is a picture of my front porch the morning after the snow began falling. As you can see, it was very high and the snow was still falling strong. When I first opened the door there was a wall of snow in the doorway that was more than a few inches high.



Snow still falling, this it what it looked like a few feet in front of my house. My neighbors cars were almost completely buried at this point, it became nearly impossible to drive a car down the street without getting stuck on my block. It was/is horrible everyday because my street is still not plowed.




On my way home from work the other night I saw this snowman on the corner of the street I live on. I had to stop and take a picture. The snowman is just as tall as the stop-sign! There was no one around at that hour of the night but I think I know which of my neighbors is to credit for this awesome snowman.



Footprints in the snow. There were no others around it some I can only conclude that the person who made the tracks was alone. Where he/she was headed? I have no clue.


This man was taking a solo stroll out in the snow around midnight. He said he was going to 7-eleven. There weren't many others out at the time and I don't blame them at all, it was freezing!





No comments:

Post a Comment